Hi friends, i am working on some questions to help Christians explore the implications of social media. Here are my 10 so far. Would love to hear what you think – either in answer to any of the questions, or suggestions for other questions. Many thanks
1. How would you describe your personal use of social media? (are you a social media fan or skeptic?)
2. Is social media is making you or your society less sociable or more sociable, why?
3. Read Nicholas Carr’s article, is Google making us stupid?
5. Is it possible for a public figure to have private twitter and facebook account?
7. What are the best examples you have seen of the church using social media well?
8. How can social media help the church to engage in a more global conversation?
9. Why do you think the use of social media has such a polarizing effect on different christian leaders and thinkers?
10. The apostle Paul explained how he became “all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some.” 1 Corinthians 9:22. What should the contextualisation of the church look like in a digital age?
Books you might find helpful on this subject: